If you have any queries about the process or how we handle your information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
What information we collect
For job applications, we will not share any of the information you provide during the recruitment process with any third parties for marketing purposes or store any of your information. The information you provide will be held securely by us and/or our data processors whether the information is in electronic or physical format. We will use the contact details you provide to us to contact you to progress your application. We will use the other information you provide to assess your suitability for the role you have applied for.
From time to time, during an online application process, we may use a third party online recruitment company to collect information from you concerning our services. Once you click ‘apply now’ you will be taken to the third party’s website and they will hold the information you submit which we can view. In such a scenario, the data will be held under their Privacy Notice.
We do not collect more information than we need to fulfil our stated purposes and will not retain it for longer than is necessary. The information we ask for is used to assess your suitability for employment or for training. You don’t have to provide what we ask for but it might affect your application if you don’t.
How we collect your personal information
We collect Personal Information in the following ways:
(a) From you. We receive and store any Personal Information you enter on the Site or give us in any other way, including but not limited to registering with us, purchasing something from us, receiving a service provided by us, or participating in a competition, prize draw or promotion sponsored by us or providing a service review.
(c) By using pixel tags, also known as a clear GIF or web beacon, an invisible tag is placed on certain pages of the Site but not on your computer. When you access these pages, pixel tags generate a generic notice of that visit. They usually work in conjunction with cookies, registering when a particular computer visits a particular page. If you turn off cookies the pixel tag will simply detect an anonymous website visit.
How we use your personal information
We may use your Personal Information for any of the following purposes:
- to process the registration of your on-line account and maintain your on-line account in respect of the services that we provide for you.
- to process and complete any services we provide to you such as an application for a job or to advertise for a job.
- to provide and personalise our service.
- to monitor, develop and improve the Site and your experience of it.
- where consented to by you, to send you information by email/post/sms/telephone about existing and new products, offers or services that you have requested from us, or that we feel may interest you.
- to analyse and monitor consumer and customer activity and conduct other research.
- to process and deal with any enquiries or complaints you may have.
- to make available product reviews on the Site.
- to publish the results of competitions, prize draws or other promotions.
- to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
- for the prevention or detection of crime or breaches of our Terms of Business.
- to develop a knowledge base regarding our website users and customers.
- to notify you about changes to our service or provide you with information about the products or services purchased from us.
- to contact you about your annual membership and to provide you with details of member benefits and access to the member’s portal.
- to obtain your previous experience, education, referees and for answers to questions relevant to the role you have applied for.
- to prove identity – you will be asked to attend our office with original documents, we will take copies.
- to prove your qualifications – you will be asked to attend our office with original documents, we will take copies.
- to complete an application for a Basic Criminal Record check via the Disclosure and Barring Service, if relevant.
- to contact your referees, using the details you provide in your application, directly to obtain references and to make pre-employment checks.
- to ask you to complete a questionnaire about your health. This is to establish your fitness to work.
- If we make a final offer, we will also ask you for bank details – to process salary payments, emergency contact details – so we know who to contact in case you have an emergency at work. We are also required to confirm the identity of our staff, their right to work in the United Kingdom and seek assurances as to their trustworthiness, integrity and reliability.
Some of the information you provide to us we will use to assess your suitability for any role you may have applied for. You don’t have to provide what we ask for but it may affect your application if you don’t.
Use of your personal information for marketing purposes
We may ask for your consent to use your Personal Information for marketing purposes (please see paragraph (5) above). For example, we may send you an email message informing you of other services that we have developed and that may interest you. If you do not wish to receive such messages, please select appropriately when providing your Personal Information.
We do not collect more information than we need to fulfil our stated purposes and we will not retain it for longer than necessary.
If you are unsuccessful following assessment for a position you have applied for, we may ask you if you would like your details to be retained in our talent pool for a period of six months. If you say yes, we would proactively contact you should any further suitable vacancies arise.
Disclosure of your personal information
Information about our customers and website visitors is an important part of our business and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We will share Personal Information only as described below:
- to other companies collaborators and partners within MAD, including their agents and employees;
- to our business partners. For example, if you receive services from us, or purchase vehicles or other items from us, like any other retailer we will have to provide credit card information to our credit card processor and authenticator for payment purposes, and your name and address to the company that ships our merchandise. Similarly, to improve the products and services offered, we may share Personal Information with designers, manufacturers, distributors, licensees, marketing and advertising partners, and parties that provide support services for the Site. In all cases, we limit the information shared with partners and vendors to that which is necessary to carry out those functions and services to you;
- where we are required to disclose Personal Information in response to law enforcement activity or other governmental request, or when otherwise required or permitted by law;
- to enforce our contract or property rights, or when otherwise necessary to protect ourselves;
- due to a sale or merger of one or more of our assets or any division or business line.
We may also use and disclose information in aggregate (so that no individual customers are identified) for marketing, strategic development, and other purposes.
Where is your data
The Personal Information you provide through the Site is processed by MAD, and may be transferred to other partners or collaborators of MAD or other third parties as described in the previous paragraph. For example, if you make a purchase through our Site, your Personal Information will be transferred to members of the Group and our vendors in the United Kingdom in order to fulfil your order and help you with any enquiries you may have about that order.
Security of your personal information
How to access or change your data
If your name, e-mail or postal address, telephone number or other personally identifiable information changes, you may update or correct the relevant information by e-mailing us at email@example.com or by updating your account details online. If you prefer to be removed from our mailing list, please let us know by: (a) updating your account details online, (b) sending us an email to the email address above with the word “remove” in the subject line, (c) following the unsubscribe instructions located at the end of any marketing email you receive from us, or (d) phoning us at 01934 429229. Please be sure to include in any communication your full name, email address, postal address, and any message. Please note that such requests may take up to thirty (30) days to become effective.
How to contact us
MAD Automotives Unit 54, BW Estates, Oldmixon Crescent, Weston-super-Mare, Somerset, BS24 9BA
Telephone: 01934 429229